Paste your Google Webmaster Tools verification code here

If you have submitted a temporary visa (visitor, student, work) application, you will only be contacted if INZ require more information from you.

If you have submitted a resident visa application, you will be contacted in writing (email or letter) with the details of the person processing a resident visa application, so you can contact them directly for updates.

Alternatively, the following options are available to you:

  • If you applied online for a Working Holiday or Silver Fern visa or submitted an online Expression of Interest for Skilled Migrant residence category, you can check the status of your application by logging into your Online Services account and visiting ‘My Application’
  • If you contact INZ with an email query, INZ will be able to tell you the status of your application.
    • INZ are unable to provide information about decisions through email. You may be able to get more detailed information by phone, but decisions will not be discussed until you have been notified in writing.
  • If you are using an immigration advisor you should also get in touch with them to find out whether they are aware of any problems or delays.
  • If you have applied outside New Zealand at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) you may also be able to check online the current status of your application by using the tracking number provided by your VAC at the time of lodgement.