New Zealand Work VisaFor people who have a job offer from a New Zealand employer
There is a number of requirements that all applicants need to meet for a New Zealand work visa.
To enter New Zealand you must:
- be in good health and of good character, and
- have a passport that is valid for at least three months past the date you are to leave New Zealand, and
- be genuine in wanting to work in New Zealand, and
- have the right visa for your visit.
If you are granted a temporary work visa you need to meet certain conditions during your stay:
- the work you do must be in line with the conditions specified in your visa
- you must keep within New Zealand’s laws
- you must only stay in New Zealand for the time allowed by your visa.
What Work visa is Right for you?
I have a job offer from a New Zealand employer
If you have a job offer from a New Zealand employer and do not fall under one of the categories for specialist workers below, you may apply for the Essential Skills New Zealand work visa.
I want to take part in a work exchange scheme
Work Exchange Scheme Visa Category is for people who want to take part in a work exchange scheme that has been pre-approved by us or is a government to government exchange scheme.
I want to come for a specific purpose or event
Specific Purpose or Event Category is for people who want to work here temporarily for a particular purpose or event such as a tournament, a show or for certain professional reasons.
My partner is a New Zealand citizen or resident
If you live together in a genuine and stable relationship, you may be able to apply for a Partnership Work visa which would allow you to work in any occupation for any employer in New Zealand.