The Silver Fern Job Search category is very popular and places are usually taken on the opening day. Immigration Centre may help you to get the place in the next draw – just send us an email to email@example.com to discuss your chances!
Meeting requirements for the Silver Fern Job Search visa
Before you apply for a Silver Fern Job Search visa, you must:
- not have previously been granted a Silver Fern Job Search visa
- be aged between 20 and 35 years of age inclusive
- be outside New Zealand during the application process
- hold a recognised bachelor’s degree or higher qualification, or a recognised trade qualification with a minimum of two years of work experience in that trade
- meet the English language requirements set out for principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category (IELTS level 6.5)
- have a minimum of NZ$4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you are in New Zealand
- meet our health and character requirements.
The Silver Fern Job Search visa is for highly skilled people with recognised qualifications. You need to provide a New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assessment – either anInternational Qualification Assessment or a Qualifications Assessment Report – of your qualification, unless one of the following applies:
- Your qualification is on our List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment
- You have full or provisional registration and your qualification has been assessed by a New Zealand registration authority as being comparable to a New Zealand qualification on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment.
If your qualification is required for employment where occupational registration is required in New Zealand, you must show that you hold, or can obtain, full or provisional registration for that occupation in New Zealand.
If you hold a tertiary qualification, you will need to show that it is equivalent to a New Zealand bachelor’s degree (level 7) or higher.
If you hold a trade qualification, you will need to show that it is equivalent to a National Certificate (level 4) or a New Zealand Certificate (level 4) and that it is relevant to an occupation on part B or C of our list of skilled occupations. To check the list, see Appendix 6 in the Operational Manual. You will also need to show that you have two years’ work experience that:
- is relevant to your trade qualification
- has been gained in a comparable labour market to New Zealand
- has been gained after you completed your trade qualification (you cannot include work experience required as part of gaining your qualification)
- meets the additional requirements for recognised work experience.
Health and character requirements
You must meet health and character requirements that apply to people who intend to stay in New Zealand for a total of more than 24 months. This is because, on a Silver Fern Job Search visa, you intend to find long-term skilled employment. This requirement applies even if your visa is granted for a shorter time.
Coming to New Zealand on a Silver Fern Job Search work visa
The Silver Fern Job Search visa is valid for travel for six months from the date it is issued. Once you enter New Zealand, the Silver Fern Job Search visa allows you to stay for nine months from the date you arrive. You can travel and re-enter New Zealand during this time.
For more details, see the Silver Fern Job Search: questions and answers.
Remember, if you have received a letter from INZ about your visa application or think your visa may be declined or expire soon – the time to act is NOW. Call us on 0800 967 584 to you’re your FREE consultation. Our service is strictly confidential and we can guide you to take the right steps to avoid mistakes and put forward a strong case.
I will be writing more helpful articles in the future. Like our Facebook Page to be informed!