New Zealand is known for its many restaurants and cafés and with many hungry mouths to feed we need professional qualified chefs to dish up quality meals for the Kiwi public.
As a Chef you’ll not only enjoy the ability to sway a person with your mouth watering dishes you’ll also enjoy the flexibility your position comes with. With such a high demand for this occupation, choices for where to work will be endless. With a fast pace working environment, this position will keep you on your toes and develop a continuously exciting work place.
To meet the requirement you must hold one of the qualifications or one equivalent to the New Zealand standards:
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (NZQF Level 4)
- National Certificate in Hospitality (Cookery) (NZQF Level 4)
- New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (NZQF Level 5)
- Diploma in Professional Cookery (NZQF Level 5)
- A minimum of five years’ combined experience in establishments offering a la carte/banqueting or commercial catering with a minimum of two years at Chef de Partie (Section leader or higher)
This occupation like many allows for room to progress in the industry and with that an increase in income. As a chef you’ll look to earn around $16-$25 an hour depending on your level of expertise:
- Commis Chef – $15.80 ph
- Chef de Partie – $17.52 ph
- Sous Chef – $19.51 ph
- Head Chef – $21.71 ph
- Executive Chef – $24.52 ph
(Sourced from: http://www.careers.govt.nz/jobs/hospitality/chef/about-the-job)
Where to find a job:
or other job sites to find the job that’s best for you.
Chef work in New Zealand – New Zealand Wants You!
Remember, if you have received a letter from INZ about your visa application or think your visa may be declined or expire soon – the time to act is NOW. Call us on 0800 967 584 to you’re your FREE consultation. Our service is strictly confidential and we can guide you to take the right steps to avoid mistakes and put forward a strong case.
I will be writing more helpful articles in the future. Like our Facebook Page to be informed!